Welcome to Postmark London
Congratulations on moving into your new Taylor Wimpey Central London Home at Postmark London.
This online Home User Guide has been prepared to help you become familiar with your new home. This guide covers many different aspects on how to effectively care for and maintain your new home.
At Handover you will receive a Home User Guide folder and a Box File containing the manufacture instruction manuals and warranty details for all appliances within your apartment. Please keep all this information in a safe place for future reference.
We have also prepared a Home Demonstration video for your convenience, please click onto the ‘Welcome Video’ tab on the main page to watch the Home Demonstration.
At Taylor Wimpey Central London we are committed to providing our customers with quality homes and we aim to make moving to and living in your new home as enjoyable as possible.
Our dedicated Customer Relations team will be your point of contact from hereon and will be available to assist with any queries during the first two years of your warranty period.
Once again, welcome to Postmark London and we wish you all the best in your new home from everyone at Taylor Wimpey Central London.
While Building Work Continues
It is possible that we will still be building other homes within the development when you move into yours. While building work continues any disruption to your daily routine will be kept to a minimum by the construction team and access to your new home will remain safe. Although dust and noise are inevitable, the construction team will try to keep this to a minimum to ensure there is as little disruption as possible.
You may be moving into your new home whilst there is still construction going on. Please make sure you and other members of your household take note of the following:
- Construction traffic may still be on site. Please take extra care whilst walking or driving and ensure operators can see you while passing.
- Please abide by signs and use safe routes whilst crossing or using vehicles
- Never go into the areas where we are constructing without a member of our team. All visitors need to sign in at the site office first and wear the correct safety equipment
- All Persons entering the construction area must comply by all regulations under the Health and Safety at Work Act, 1974.
If any issues arise either with your home or the shared areas, please contact the Customer Relations team or the Managing Agent respectively using the details provided.
Over the next few days, please ensure that you carry out the important checks below and discuss any concerns with the Customer Relations team.
On the day you move in, it is important to inspect your new home carefully throughout, paying particular attention to:
- Sanitaryware (including baths, basins and toilets)
- Glass (including windows, mirrors, shower screens and balustrades)
- Kitchen fittings and appliances
- Wall tiling
- Carpets, floor tiling and timber flooring
- Operation and finish of doors and windows
- Wardrobe doors and finishes
Please notify the Customer Relations team of any cosmetic defects such as scratches, chips or marks within seven days of legal completion. This includes decoration, flooring, tiling, textured ceilings, kitchen units, fitted bedroom and bathroom furniture, worktops, sinks, sanitary ware, appliances, glass and other similar items.
Outside of this time frame, it may be difficult to prove how the damage was caused and TWCL cannot be held responsible. Repair times depend on the severity of the problem and the availability of spare parts, but most problems are solved within 28 days. After the seventh day period, only items classed as defects under your warranty will be tended to.
You should also check to confirm that:
- You have been given the correct keys for all locks, and that windows and doors open, close and lock properly
- Any ‘extras’ you ordered have been provided
- All services (water and electricity) are connected and are in working order. You should also agree meter readings with the Customer Relations team
Shortly after moving in, you should:
- Read the user guide for each appliance to ensure how they operate
- Familiarise yourself with the operation of the heat and smoke detectors. Check they work by pressing the test button
- Check that you have been given operating instructions for all systems, appliances and fittings and know how to work them
Should you wish to notify the Customer relations team of any defects please email CentralLondonCustomerServices@taylorwimpey.com