Useful Contacts

Your customer relations team

Taylor Wimpey Central London
+44 (0)20 7355 8134
20 Air Street
London W1B 5AN
Email Us
View Website

Opening hours: office hours are 08.30–17.00 Monday to Thursday and 08.30–16.00 Friday.

Out of hours emergencies

Nationwide Property Assistance (NPA)
+44 (0)345 609 1581

Opening hours: 17:00–08:30 Monday to Thursday, 16.00 onwards Friday, Weekends and Bank Holidays

You will be required to provide NPA with your full postal address. If NPA regard the item as a non-emergency, they will refer this back to working hours reports through TWCL.



Peterborough House,
1 Jubilee Walk, WC1X 0BF

+44 (0)799 911 8347


Service Provider 

Your current electricity provider is British Gas. Please note that under current regulations you are free to change your electricity suppliers to those of your choice. To do this you will need your electricity MPAN number.

Power On 
+44 (0)345 3223 322 

Consumer Unit

The electricity in your home is fed through a consumer unit (CCU) located in your hall cupboard. There are two types of switches on the consumer unit, Miniature Circuit Breakers and Residual Current Devices (MCBs and RCDs) which have different functions. The switches are labelled to the circuit they control.

  • MCBs protect individual circuits and automatically disconnect (trip) the electric supply if one of the circuits is overloaded and/or if there is a fault. This is a health and safety function to protect users from electric shock. The MCB can be easily reset by pushing the switch up
  • An RCD functions in a similar way to an MCB but provides additional protection, particularly for appliances that may be used outside the home. There is a “TEST” button that should be pressed periodically to check that the RCD functions correctly

If you want to turn off the electricity supply, please only use the consumer unit inside your home.

Electrical Test Certificate

You can find the Electrical Test Certificate and Part P Certificate for your apartment inside your Home Information Folder. Please keep this in a safe place as it will need to be passed on to the new occupants if you move home.

Your electrical system will also need to be inspected within ten years of completion, and unfortunately TWCL cannot be held responsible for any changes you have made during this time.

Electrical safety

If you would like to make electrical alterations to your home, you should be aware of restrictions prescribed by government legislation. Further information about Building Regulation Part P – Electrical Safety is available online at

Before carrying out any electrical works or maintenance inside your new home, please read the following guidance first:

  • Unplug any electrical appliance you are going to work on
  • If you are changing a fuse, fit the recommended fuse by the manufacturer of the appliance
  • If you are going to wire a new appliance, please read the manufacturer’s guidance before proceeding
  • Please do not use any portable electric appliance inside your bathroom to eliminate the risk of being electrocuted
  • Please hire a qualified electrician to carry out installation of additional sockets or light fittings

For safety purposes, a Residual Current Breaker (RCB) has been installed in the various different circuits within your home’s electrical circuitry. This mechanism cuts out the current in the event of an electrical shock or faulty appliance. This is reset simply by flicking the switch in the consumer unit. If your RCB repeatedly trips your electricity, please disconnect all your electrical appliances and try again. If this fails repeatedly during the first two years after completion, please contact the TWCL Customer Relations number provided.

You should always use a NICEIC (National Inspection Council for Electrical Installation Contracting) registered electrician for any major works. You can find details of a local registered business at